Weekly Zoom meetings
We will meet for 14 weeks on Zoom. You are encouraged to attend live if possible, but the meetings will be recorded and posted in the course player for those who are not able to attend, or for you to review at any time during the course.
Interactive action plans
This is where the magic happens. You'll see your course come to life and your lessons "pop" out in 3D in ways you could not have imagined before applying the Course Design Formula™.The action plans are yours to use both during and after the course to design any course, lesson, workshop or webinar you can dream up.
Founder and CEO, Learn and Get Smarter, Inc.Rebecca@learnandgetsmarter.com
The Course Design Formula™ is the research-based five-step process I've created to help you build YOUR course in a way that is fast, effective, and fun. It's based on the research I conducted while earning my Masters in Instructional Technology, as well as my 30+ years of professional experience in education and instructional design. It's been tested with experts like you who are developing online courses, and it works every time to take the stress and overwhelm out of online course design. The Course Design Formula™ will help you plan, design, and build your course fast as you:
- Clarify the transformation your course delivers
- Discover the type of learning your course contains
- Structure your course based on how people learn that type of material best
- Plan each of your lessons to promote maximum learning
- Select the best media for every message your course delivers
The Course Design Formula™ takes the stress, guesswork, and wasted effort out of building your course. This pilot course has been set up to help you learn how to use the Course Design Formula™ to quickly plan, design, and build your own online course. In only six weeks you'll have not only the tools and systems you need to build the course you are working on now, but also any other course you decide to create in the future.
The Course Design Formula™ takes the stress out of online course design. Learn the Course Design Formula™ and go from course stress to Course Bliss™.
It's like a day spa for your mind!
- Course Orientation
- Join our community!
- Class Meetings
- Join our community!
- Onboarding Survey
- The right mindset
- The right starting point
- The right tools
- Complete Action Plan 1
- Share your course learning goal
- Complete Action Plan 2
- Share your course's learning domain
- Complete Action Plan 3
- Share your course's module structure
- Complete Action Plan 4
- Share your course outline
- Complete Action Plan 5
- Share your lesson Plan
- Complete Action Plan 6
- Share your media decision(s)
- Complete Action Plan 7
- How will you reduce cognitive load in your lesson?
- Complete Action Plan 8
- How will you build motivational factors into your course?
- Complete Action Plan 9
- Share your rubric
- Complete Action Plan 10
- Share your discoveries in the Facebook group.
- Next steps
- Provide a testimonial
- Final Course Feedback
- Domains of Learning Infographic
- 9 Events of Instruction Infographic
- Welcome to Camp!
The Course Design Formula™ and Course Bliss™ are trademarks of Learn and Get Smarter, Inc.